Friday, June 4, 2010

The Second Chance

I admit I am having some difficulty writing this chapter. I've started and stopped several times. Something about it doesn't feel exactly right yet. I'm trying to get my mind and my heart to work together.

The first thing I said to Micah when the respirator was removed was , "Micah it's wonderful. God gives everyone a second chance". And I was so thrilled and excited. I felt like I was walking on air. I wasn't talking about Him giving me a chance to come back to life. I was talking about Him giving everyone a second chance at ETERNAL LIFE.

Bad decisions made on earth carry over to heaven I always thought. Reject Christ here and you reject Him for eternity. But I witnessed Him give a man a second chance for heaven. And the man had already died. Be thinking about this while I collect my thoughts and memories and try to get this right. But doesn't this sound like the Jesus we have always known...One who trumps law with grace when we least expect it. One warning:  If you intentionally reject Christ here amidst the splendor of His earth, you will likely reject Him again amongst the splendor of His heaven.  (Read to the end to understand)

No comments:

Post a Comment